The Selling Process
You’ve decided to sell, now what? Before you make any improvements or alterations to your home, call us! When many homeowners decide that they are ready to take that step and sell their home, they think that they need to make an improvement or two before they invite a Realtor over. Stop. Have the Realtor over first.
Many times the seller tell us that they just did some improvements. They were excited about them, but the choices they made with money they invested to make the improvements to sell their home were not the best ones. Don’t make the same mistakes.
Here’s how the Process goes.
- Contact your Realtor
- We discuss your selling goals- and where you want to go next.
- We preview your home, and If any improvements need to be made, to attract buyers, this is when we discuss it.
- Prepare a market analysis and sales plan designed for you.
- YOU decide what price you are going to list your home at, and we authorize paperwork.
- Call your attorney, and let him/her know you will be selling your home.
- We stage your property.
- You make your house available for showings.
- We negotiate the best offer, that has a closing date that you want.
- The buyers formally applies for their mortgage, and get a building inspection.
- When the buyers mortgage is approved, we can close.
Most people that sell their home are relocating within the area. While your home is on the market, we will be looking at homes for you, and coordinate the closing date on your sale and your purchase to correspond with each other. The single biggest fear of most homeowners that move is not having a place to go to when their home is sold. RELAX. We have been in business for many years helping homeowners, and not one of them ever was “homeless” because we couldn’t find a house to move into.
Yes, there are lots of nuances to selling a home. We will be happy to consult with you and provide you with the guidance and expertise needed to complete the transaction(s) in the most efficient way.
Want to check out your competition now? Just click on the Property MLS Search link in Lincoln Heritage Realty.